Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Embedded Vanilla & Wordpress, is there another option?

ErraPolisErraPolis New
edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I was intrigued when i read that you could simply embed Vanilla into any website and thought that would be ideal for me; however as it uses a frame, is it possible to use it within a Wordpress blog not embedded in a frame?

Also would this affect any indexing by search engines? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited October 2010
    Hello ErraPolis - We played with this a lot, and the bottom line is that it *can* be done, but there are CSS customizations that need to take place. If you can't use iFrames, a better option would be to just create a custom theme that *looks like* your other site.
  • Thanks Mark. I was toying with the idea of having a Vanilla forum which could be visited (and therefore submitted to the search engines) on forum.example.com while also having it within a frame on the Wordpress setup, so if someone wished to look at the forum they could and any new visitors could jump in directly from the blog, in an iFrame.

If anyone has ever been in the same boat do let me know how you got on.

I've been using forums for years and Vanilla offers something a bit different and the simple Wordpress integration caught my eye given that's my platform of choice. It would also save me a LOT of time customising the CSS on both platforms to try get them looking similar.