Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Embed Feature Broken in Safari?

edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is the Embed feature broken in Safari?

Actually, it doesn't work in Firefox either.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/130525/#Comment_130525

That's working for me in both Safari 5.0.2 and Firefox 4.0b6 *shrug*. Stupid question, but have you got JS turned on? Is there any extension blocking anything?
  • Options
    Lots of pages broken since the last Java update, not sure if that has any impact on the code? I'll check my extensions.
  • Options
    Turned them all off, still does not work. It tries to do something but nothing happens, in fact all links become frozen, nothing on the page works.
  • Options
    I just noticed that the embed function for my forum is not working on Firefox or IE.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Not sure what's going on for you guys. Does our embedded version work for you on http://vanillaforums.org/features/embed-vanilla/ ?
  • Options
    Weird, @Mark, your embed forum works, but since I upgraded to the latest version that you guys released today I'm having a lot of issues. But, I'll be patient and see if others are having issues as well. I know you guys are busy!

Basically, I upgraded and only the default theme would work, when I would change to the embed theme I got the "Bonk" error. So, I disabled the embed plugin, and now it won't enable. Heh. :)
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Check your folder permissions:

cache/ conf/ uploads/

Also, try editing your config.php file and changing the error template from 'error.master.php' to 'deverror.master.php' for a more detailed error message.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]