Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Embed Feature Broken in Safari?

edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is the Embed feature broken in Safari?

Actually, it doesn't work in Firefox either.
Tagged:

Comments

• http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/130525/#Comment_130525

That's working for me in both Safari 5.0.2 and Firefox 4.0b6 *shrug*. Stupid question, but have you got JS turned on? Is there any extension blocking anything?
  • Lots of pages broken since the last Java update, not sure if that has any impact on the code? I'll check my extensions.
  • Turned them all off, still does not work. It tries to do something but nothing happens, in fact all links become frozen, nothing on the page works.
  • I just noticed that the embed function for my forum is not working on Firefox or IE.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Not sure what's going on for you guys. Does our embedded version work for you on http://vanillaforums.org/features/embed-vanilla/ ?
  • Weird, @Mark, your embed forum works, but since I upgraded to the latest version that you guys released today I'm having a lot of issues. But, I'll be patient and see if others are having issues as well. I know you guys are busy!

Basically, I upgraded and only the default theme would work, when I would change to the embed theme I got the "Bonk" error. So, I disabled the embed plugin, and now it won't enable. Heh. :)
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Check your folder permissions:

cache/ conf/ uploads/

Also, try editing your config.php file and changing the error template from 'error.master.php' to 'deverror.master.php' for a more detailed error message.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]