Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

403 On Embed

edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have been getting a 403 Page not found error when I try to embed any vanilla forum. I narrowed it down to line 137 in remote.js. If I take out remote=' + encodeURIComponent(embedUrl) it works fine. Any ideas what could be causing this and do I need those parameters?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    The 403 Error is a Forbidden error created by insufficient permissions. I had this problem yesterday, as seen here: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/13515/embed-forum-displaying-forbidden-error/#Item_1

The issue lies in your hosting's mod security's 10_asl_rules.conf. The host is blocking anything that resembles a url being passed through a parameter.

If you own your server, you can change it yourself, otherwise just speak to your host about it. I got mine whitelisted and fixed through hostgator's live chat support with a technician.