Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Embed Vanilla Addon] How do I do this with Drupal?

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
As shown in the video here: http://vanillaforums.com/blog/embed-vanilla/, I don't see anything for Drupal. So, how do I embed this in a Drupal website?
Tagged:

Comments

• Actually, when I directly embed it into any page, it is working (http://yfrog.com/0tvanilladrupalembedp). But it isn't integrating with the users of my Drupal installation.
  • @vimal - would be absolutely astonishing if vanilla does integrate with your drupal users by simply adding one line of javascript to your drupal installation...

try to figure out how this plugin works - you should be able to integrate vanilla in drupal an this way:
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/proxyconnect-plugin
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    @vimal - would be absolutely astonishing if vanilla does integrate with your drupal users by simply adding one line of javascript to your drupal installation...
    Hah, I got a good laugh out of this ;)

As for the ProxyConnect suggestion, that is the best way to go. We've already heard of several people using ProxyConnect with Vanilla and having success.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• @vegano

In the video on Vanilla's blog, shows that it generates a custom module for drupal, in the same way as it is generating the WP plugin and blogger gadget. I guess that module will integrate the users.

I tried to explain here that the embed plugin isn't generating a drupal module and as a result of that, I'm unable to integrate the users.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Hi @vimal,

The video you're seeing was taken with a pre-release version of which had "Drupal Plugin" listed on the settings page as a layout helper. We haven't finished that plugin yet, which is why it was not included with the release.

If you're a drupal plugin developer, please get in touch with us as we'd love your help with that particular plugin.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• @Tim is there a drupal plugin in development?

As soon as Drupal7 RC1 is released I will start to build my community site new on Drupal as main CMS and I would like to take Vanilla with it.
    So I would love to see a Drupal plugin for Vanilla.

At the moment, I am working with Drupal6, but only have little experience with module development.
  • @Tim what is the status on the Drupal plugin? Do you have any idea when it will be completed?
  • @Tim any news on the "Drupal Plugin"?
    Yesterday was release day for Drupal7 and so it is time for me, to get ready to get my community an update.

If the plugin is not yet ready, is it possible to get the development version - would link to help doing it.
    Vanilla is great and Drupals forum is to simple for my community - so would be great to use the best of both.
  • @Tim spam spam spam :)
  • hi.. curious about status of a Drupal module - I'd love to integrate Vanilla into 2 Drupal 6 sites I currently maintain
  • Can anybody confirm if there is a drupal plugin in development really?

• Is anyone working on the drupal plugin? I've messaged Tim twice about helping but have been ignored so far.
  • Is anyone working on the drupal plugin? I've messaged Tim twice about helping but have been ignored so far.
    Besides ignoring, there are many many reasons why someone cannot respond to messages. Just give it some time and you will get a response.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Besides ignoring, there are many many reasons why someone cannot respond to messages. Just give it some time and you will get a response.
    Seabass asked here in Nov, Vegano on Jan 6. How much time are we supposed to give it?

• You are right, regan.
    Don't forget that these guys get asked lots and lots of questions and sometimes maybe a question slips through the cracks.
    Then they're still developing this great product, which must be difficult and giving a timeframe on something is never easy. They also have conferences to go to, to promote vanilla.
    Just give it a little more time.

• I don't doubt that they're working hard and understand that things may slip through the cracks but I've asked directly and offered to help, as have others. Some of us don't have the luxury to sit around waiting for someone else when there are projects with deadlines. Support is one of the key attributes in us recommending software to clients and in this case I'm incredibly disappointed. All I want to do is help and I refuse to believe that Tim hasn't checked his email in over a week.
  • All I want is to help too.
    There have been times that I haven't checked my email in over more than one week, and I'm an email junkie

• A week, perhaps, but that doesn't equate to no response by Tim to questions on here since October...
  • Hey, codec***2010, you must be a spam, right?
    Does this mean that vanilla is not spamproof?
  • UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited February 2011
    I've deleted the post of CodeCreator. This was not a bot that registered, but a person that registered with a username, it's now resolved.
    So now, all we have is 2 posts in this discussion mentioning the spampost.