Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Central Login/resgistration with Wordpress

edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have just downloaded the Embed plugin for Wordpress but there i found no instruction on how to use it. As per my expectation, it didn't solved two important purpose of using Vanilla Forum:

1) The wordpress3.0 theme which we are using, it didnt get wrapped on top of Vanilla, so it looks like, we have to re-design the Vanilla forum to make it look like our wordpress site design.

2) A user need to be register once again in Vanilla Forum and Login using Vanialla Forum Username credential rather then Wordpress Login credential.

Is this available or I am missing something during installation ?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2010
    use proxyconnect plugin to get wordpress to do the authentication/registration
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    What didn't you understand about embed vanilla?

Put the Embed Vanilla plugin into Vanilla, and turn it on. After it is turned on, go to the "Embed Vanilla" menu option in your dashboard. From there you can download the related WordPress plugin. Install & Enable the plugin in WordPress. Then copy the Embed Code from Vanilla to WordPress and tell the WordPress plugin where you'd like the Vanilla forum to appear. Done.