Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Where can i find the sidepanel structure?

keeshakeesha
edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Id like to hide the content of the sidepanel for guests except the "GuestBox" , i mean the box with the "Howdy" message.

But where the heck can i find the Sidepanel structure? I had even bad luck with batch find.

Seriously, I rather think you guys scattered everything on purpose into confusing artefacts :(

Any help would be appreciated.
Tagged:

Comments

• I am curious, did i pass with my question an invisible border of what's appropriate ?

I've also looked in the documentation but it's sadly more than just incomplete, and a search in the forum leads me to pre 2.0 era posts.

... Frustrating :(
  • There is no structure.
    Each module adds itself to the panel.

IF you do find a way to do this let me know.
  • So all of my fears came true.

@Davidis
    What i'm going to do now is to hide the {asset name="Panel"} in default.master.tpl from guests and additionally i'm going to recreate the guestbox in an extra container right over the asset.

Of course in return for logged-in users the other way round.

The necessary code for logged-in-or-out-users from Lincoln is here.
  • edited December 2010
    I think the order can be controlled from the config.php using e.g.

$Configuration['Modules']['Vanilla']['Panel'] = array('NewDiscussionModule', 'SignedInModule', 'CategoriesModule', 'TagModule', 'GuestModule', 'WhosOnlineModule', 'UserListModule', 'Ads');

The problem I've had is working out the names of the modules. In above GuestModule is clearly a dummy, the above is expanded from a 5 entry array given in a comment by, I think it was Tim.

@Davidis what is the name for the module in your GoogleCalendar plugin?
  • I am curious, did i pass with my question an invisible border of what's appropriate ?

I've also looked in the documentation but it's sadly more than just incomplete, and a search in the forum leads me to pre 2.0 era posts.

... Frustrating :(
    agreed - search at present is worse than WTF USELESS.
  • @DavyB my Google calendar Module is called : 'GoogleCalendarFeed'