Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Possible problem with structure update after updating to 2.0.16

edited December 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
My forum is installed on a web hosting package from a web hosting provider. The system is a Fedora linux system, with Apache 2.0.48, PHP 5.2.5 and a MySQL Database with server version 4.1.21-Max. I get the following warning on the /utility/structure page and it doesn't change after I clicked on "Run structure & data scripts", even after I made a new directory on the server for vanilla 2.0.16 and copied only the "config.php" from my forum in the new directory:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where name = 'GDN_Tag'' at line 1|Gdn_Database|Query|show table status where name = 'GDN_Tag'
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where name = 'GDN_Discussion'' at line 1|Gdn_Database|Query|show table status where name = 'GDN_Discussion'
The list with the required structure changes reappears after I click on "Rescan" or reload the page.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    You're likely running into this problem as a result of ignoring our stated minimum requirements:

PHP 5.2.x - check
    Apache 2.x - check
    Mysql 5.x - oops

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    thanks, did not see that.
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    No problem. Sorry you're having trouble :/

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    Actually, other than this error message the forum seems to work fine. The only thing I can't get to work are html tables in the discussion posts, but they don't seem to work in this forum too.