Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Apache crashes on the first step of installation??

edited December 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Today I wanted to try the latest version of Vanilla on my localserver, But once I fill in all the info in the installer and hit "Continue", Apache crashes...

All the info are correct, There's also a new empty table "gdn_role" created in the database. I can't figure out what's wrong.

Any help is much appreciated,
Thanks.

Edit: I'm using Xampp, Windows 7.
Tagged:

Comments

• Thats very strange, even if there was a problem with vanilla it shouldn't cause apache to actually crash. I'd reconmmend reinstalling your local host. Maybe @Mark has something he can suggest.
  • Yeah, I know... I has just installed phpBB on the same local server and everything went just fine.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Have you checked the apache error logs?
  • edited December 2010
    Log:
    [Thu Dec 16 16:36:03 2010] [notice] Parent: child process exited with status 3221225477 -- Restarting.

And yes, there's a copy of php5apache.dll and libmysql.dll in Windows/System32
    I've tried different browsers, I've also tried "localhost" and "127.0.0.1" same thing.