Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

limiting registration by domain

edited December 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
hey guys, my friends and i are throwing together a community for people who attend our school, so we are trying to figure out a way to limit those who sign up to only people with a valid email address from our school. i've poked around the web a bit but the answers i've gotten don't seem to work with vanilla so far.

one suggestion was to throw this block of code:

<?php if (strpos($submittedEmail, '@domain.com') === false) echo 'Email domain restricted!'; ?>

into .../applications/dashboard/views/settings/registration.php
but it doesn't seem to do the trick.

any suggestions?

Comments

• 3.2K views... and just my bump? Anyone?
  • JeffDunneJeffDunne New
    edited December 2010
    We find defining functions in the conf/bootstrap.before.php the easiest why to over-ride validation functions with ours.

If you don't have a boostrap.before.php file, create one. Duplicate the ValidateEmail function from the library\core\functions.validation.php file and add your changes to it. The function definition in functions.validation.php won't be called if the function already exists.