Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla as an 'Ideas Portal' ?

edited December 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I already have a phpBB forum for our product. Suits our clients better, although Vanilla was a close runner up.

I also want to allow our clients the ability to suggest enhancement requests.

Have a look at ideas.arcgis.com. There are plenty of other similar sites as well.
- I am looking for a platform that will mimic this, and Vanilla is as close as I can find.

Users can suggest new ideas
Other users can vote these ideas up or down
Ideas that are voted highly will be given a higher priority over lower ones.
We can report back on the # of ideas we implement, and potentially reject ideas with reasoning.

Would Vanilla be a feasible option? Ideally id like to embed it in Wordpress which I know is an option.

However, I guess its not really designed for this, so would need to change it a lot
- Change 'Ask Question' to 'Suggest Idea'
- Remove ability to comment on the Questions (but can vote them up or down)

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    i support this feature request, i would like to see something similar to ideatorrent or zoho where users can choose to post a discussion or submit an idea.
  • Options
    ideatorrent - thats new to me and looks like exactly what i need! Thanks very much for indirectly helping me! Happy New Year