Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Can use multi themes with vanilla?

edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
First, say "Happy new year" and best wishes to Vanilla guys. :)
I wonder if Vanilla already supports multi-themes that are on based on sub domains?
For example:
m.vanilla.org -> it will display mobile theme
vanilla.org -> it will display desktop/laptop theme
If not, how to do?
(I know that we can hook into the Garden but it is not the best option.)
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    I don't think this is currently supported i also don't know enough about sub domains. If you point your subdomain to show the main site then there is a function in functions.general.php called Theme which you could override with a plugin and from there checking what the subdomain is you can chance the value of the theme that will be used.

Sidenote: You will also need to have a robots.txt file to prevent indexing of the mobile subdomain or you will have duplicate content appearing.
  • Options
    There's no subdomain option that I know of but if you browse the forum using mobile it will automatically show the mobile theme and when you visit using your PC it will show the regular theme.
  • Options
    That give me some good ideals. Thank you garymardell and chuckD.