Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Drupal 6/7 & Vinilla 2

edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello, I currently have Drupal 7 installed and am currently wondering how I would go about integrating my drupal user database with my vanilla user database. This way it's easier on the user and the fact that users can register at the forums or on the main page and don't have to worry about having to remember 2 different set of login details.

Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    I am also very interested in this feature. Can the vanilla connect plugin be used without purchasing the plus plan?
  • Options
    haven't tried that yet, but there should be a way, to connect vanilla to drupal with the vanilla connect plugin

The ready to use extention for drupal seems to be in development (don't know how close it is).
    Have a try and tell us, how good it work.

May I have time to do this my own in the next couples of weeks.

The Drupal user database will be the master - vanilla will be the slave and take Drupals users.

Viva la drupal7 - it's nice.
  • Options
    I tried to use the ProxyConnect addon but i couldn't figure out how to configure the session cookies.. I'd love to hear if someone managed to do a SSO with drupal.

A drupal 7 module to make the synchronization flawless would be awesome!
  • Options
    PS: yes my 2 apps are on the same server - a required config to use ProxyConnect.
  • Options
    I'm also interested in connecting Vanilla 2 to Drupal 7.