Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[SOLVED] "%s New Plural" displayed after importing Discussions

oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010Switzerland ✭✭
edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I imported quite a lot vbulletin discussions using the vanilla-importer. And everything worked quite smoothly - but when I browse the discussions page, it shows "%s New Plural" instead of the amount of "unread" comments.

After Discussions import to Vanilla: wrong "New Comment(... on Twitpic

Can anyone help me on how to fix this? I would rather like to have it displayed "1" or "0". I tried digging into the code, but couldn't figure out where this is coming from...

Thanks for your help,
Oliver
Tagged:

Comments

• oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭
    Update: Vanilla 2.0.17.3 shows at least the number (instead of %s) - but it still says "8 New Plural".

Might be related to a wrong/missing locale translation??
    Ok - it was related to a wrong/missing locale translation. Was fixed in 2.0.17.3 thanks to @dakira s German locale :) Vielen Dank!
  • yu_tangyu_tang New
    edited January 2011
    *Deleted*
  • Actually this is because of a bug in Vanilla. Have a look here:
    https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues#issue/406
    @dakira Yes, you're right - I forgot I copied your translations into /conf/locale.php too. But at least this is a workaround.

Danke für die Übersetzung, falls mir was auffällt bzw. ich was dazu beitragen kann lasse ich es dich wissen. Gruss.
    Übrigens @dakira: in den files deiner locale fehlen der abschliessende PHP-Tag "?>"!
    Das ist auch schon in den Template files so... habs via github.com gemeldet.