Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Do you guys like my new admin theme I'm working on?

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I was bored today, and decided to play around with the admin theme a little bit. I spent a couple of hours just playing with this and then adding it in with vanilla2 on my localhost(so no demo, sorry). I haven't exactly got much of it done other than the header as of now, but I'd like to know what you guys think.

Photobucket
The picture above shows what the header looks like by default, when you first load the page. It's basically the same header as in Vanilla now. But when you click the arrow you get this:

Photobucket

If you'd like me to continue work on this, then please let me know, I'd love to finish it up and release it for you guys.

Comments

• I think it looks slick!
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    It looks great, but the admin control panel is already well designed and easy to use.. a theme for the actual forum would be a lot more useful and popular, as there isn't too many to choose from right now.
  • I know, and I will contribute to that when I come up with ideas. I just have had trouble making a good design for the frontend and so I decided to work on the back end for a while, while I thought up some ideas. I've already release one frontend design, but it needs a little work.
  • Oh man! That admin-expanded picture looks amazing. Keep up the good work.
    I agree that the current admin theme is well too, but we can use variation anywhere in vanilla :-) (and a theme-switcher plugin)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• edited February 2011
    What exactly do you mean a theme switcher plugin? I'm not into actually PHP or anything, I just work with html and css :)

And I came up with an idea for a theme that I'm going to work on, so most likely this'll get put on hold until I finish up that. But it shouldn't take more than a couple of days to finish :)
  • Imagine being on your site (the frontend of it :-) ) and you want to see that site with another theme. Then there could be a small box in the sidepanel that shows available themes. Click on that theme and it would be applied to your site.

Similar to what we have now in the admin section, but then in the frontend on the sidepanel.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• You'll have to ask someone else for that. I know nothing about PHP, I just work with HTML and CSS. I don't code, I design :)