Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Move From Existing Site To Joomla Site...

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hello,
I am currently moving an existing website into Joomla and have come to the forum part of the website which is a Vanilla 1.0.3 version. I would like to move the existing forum, posts, users, etc. into the new Joomla site, which is on the same server, hosted by godaddy and was wondering if this is possible. The other thing is the administrator password for the Vanilla 1.0.3 forum is gone since the administrator has passed away suddenly. Is there any way of retrieving this username/password since I have total access to the server, except for installing ajax if needed, however I assume godaddy could do this. Any assistance is greatly appreciated because I have to make the decision if there is the ability to salvage the old vanilla forum or start from scratch and tell the client that. Thanks!

Bradley
Tagged:

Comments

• If you want to move existing vanilla 1 posts into joomla, in which ... component ... do you want to move those posts? Do you want to move it into vanilla on the new site? Maybe something else?
    There might be a couple of ways and I think you will need the porter application for this http://www.vanillaforums.org/addon/porter-core

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Thanks for getting back to me. I am looking to install vanilla within the new Joomla! site and hopefully get to use the tool you offered to transfer the forum data into the new vanilla install within Joomla. My second question is, can I use the Joomla/vanilla integration component to install vanilla into Joomla Joomla! 1.5.22? Thanks again.

Bradley
  • My second question is, can I use the Joomla/vanilla integration component to install vanilla into Joomla Joomla! 1.5.22?
    I didn't even know there was a joomla / vanilla component.
    Try to test it at a local environment first. You can then also test the migration with the porter addon :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.