Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Bug #801] Bug With CLEditor jQuery WYSIWYG? Input window grows down the page

HortonHorton New
edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I am in the process of testing V2 and in my test environment, when I enable Cleditor I get the following behavior.

After a post is submitted and the next input window appears, the new input window grows down the page…. for what looks like and endless loop.

Is this the plugin or Error between Chair and Keyboard?

If you guys need to see it I can turn it on and give the URL. Is off for now.

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    There was a bug that caused the textarea to appear after a comment is posted and the old content to remain in the wysiwyg. I put a fix in for version 0.3 (just uploaded) that clears up these issues.
  • I'm getting this error as well, plus I get a pop up which says: A script on this page is causing your browser to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive."
  • I see problems in both quoting plugins with this enabled.
    Also in Safari I do not see cursor if editor area is empty. Looks weird.
  • edited February 2011
  • HortonHorton New
    edited February 2011
    I reloaded a new test V2 today.... Same issue as Tester 13.
    I am semi happy that know what the issue is. Now I need an editor that will allow images and YouTube.
  • Yes, we clearly need proper images embedding and attachment uploading, like XenForo, for example.
    And YouTube and Vimeo also. For last two you can try Magic URL Plugin.
  • @tester13
    What version you talking about?
    My Vanilla 2.0.17 ships YouTube and Vimeo url->embedding conv function in core. No plugin needed.
  • Yeah it is working, I just did some experiments and installed few plugins.
  • yea you can paste the YouTube code.... of you are a techie guy. That is not bad.

Images are the bigger issue for me. My users are athletes... not only does it have to be easy but it has to be as intuitive as possible
  • edited February 2011
    I think that drag and drop support is your solution then.

Look at this - http://min.us/
  • That is cool but I am not sure how it would help my tech impaired users.
  • even if this plugin is approved in the meantime, in my case, some users still experience the bug with the growing endless input form. (I am sorry but I cannot describe yet the exact situation when this happens!)
    Is the bug definitely eliminated?
  • Exact situation: enter to your embedded forum, open editor and press "Show Code". Here u go, infinity...