Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

CodeIgniter 1.7.3 database session and Vanilla ProxyConnect

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm using CodeIgniter 1.7.3 and database sessions. Vanilla core 2.0.17.8 and Vanilla ProxyConnect 1.8.4. I've gone through the documentation, but I am unsure about certain areas. The problems I am facing are:

1. My app does not use a separate "username" field. The email address is used as the handle or username (as you may call it).
2. I'm using database sessions (similar to @quasiperfect http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/12910/some-clarification-on-vanilla-proxyconnect-cookie-and-url-data/p1). My app declares 3 custom session variables on successful authentication -- one stores the userid and two booleans logged_in = TRUE and is_admin = TRUE. For every page that needs authentication, the apps checks whether user is active and whether the logged_in session variable is TRUE.
3. The app generates the authenticator url using the userid session variable and querying information from the db for that userid. So, if not logged in, the page returns blank, and if logged in, it returns the info where UniqueID = userid, Name = user email, Email = user email. (Note that I don't use a separate username field, so had to reuse the email field).
4. Vanilla and ProxyConnect installed perfectly. In ProxyConnect settings, I provide the authenticator url and the rest of the details.
5. I'm able to login successfully from the app, but when I visit vanilla after logging in, Vanilla shows user as not signed in.

How do I use this infrastructure to create cookies readable by ProxyConnect? I've cleared cookies a thousand times. Unsetting Vanilla cookie on login and logout. Used the patch. But to no avail. Any ideas??

Thanks,
Kaustav

Comments

• After a round of reinstalls, I finally seem to have fixed it. I'm testing the code now. Will upload the code, once done. Thanks.
  • After a round of reinstalls, I finally seem to have fixed it. I'm testing the code now. Will upload the code, once done. Thanks.
    Can you post your solution ?