Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Could not instantiate mail function.

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
When I apply new applicants - "Could not instantiate mail function."
and message with password does not send.
Tagged:

Comments

• Solved. Just put the email in "Outgoing Email" settings.
  • Is there any way to reset admin password while having the same message during resetting the password?
    Could not instantiate mail function.
  • I can't find "Outgoing email" and have similar question to the last one - how to reset admin password in case email can't be sent out?
  • @Basil777 said:
    I can't find "Outgoing email" and have similar question to the last one - how to reset admin password in case email can't be sent out?

If you don't have access to sending emails you will need to change your password in the database.

Look for a table named GDN_user, the passwords are not in clear text, for that you will need to generate a Bcrypt hash using a tool such as: http://bcrypthashgenerator.apphb.com/

On that site write a clear text password, hit generate, copy whatever the page spits back, will be a long string, paste it in your GDN_user table on the row where you want to change the password.

Now log in with the clear text password you provided on that site.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

No, if you don't have access sending email contact your host. Do not use websites like above to generate anything. It could be a scam to hack you in the future.

A good host will provide what you need.