Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Search for all posts by a given user?

Is there a way to find posts written by a particular user? The search function only seems to search post text.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    If you go to the profile of the user you will see the tabs "Questions" and "Answers"
    Unfortunately you can't see them in 1 list, but 2 lists is almost as good :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    Starting with which version of Vanilla are there "Questions" and "Answers"? I don't see them on my forum. (Or, it's technically someone else's but he appointed me co-admin.)
  • Options
    No, the version of Vanilla running here is not the same as the one you can download... This is a major cause of confusion for new adopters!

I need this feature too - based on the DB schema it should be a cinch. I may have a go at doing it as a plug-in, as that seems to be how any useful functionality is added to Vanilla.
  • Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    It's the same, it's just using the voting plugin, that's available for all to get in the addons section.
  • Options
    @judgej what is your point? It's a nice link, but it only shows the answers that were given, how about the discussions that were started by the user?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    The link given by judgej is the one about the discussions started by the user. The answer/comments is this link: http://vanillaforums.org/profile/comments/25029/glennmagusharvey
  • Options
    judgejjudgej
    edited March 2011
    @UnderDog Sorry if the link was not clear, which is probably because the user has only stated one discussion, but it was my answer to the original question: posts by a specific user. This may be a little clearer: http://vanillaforums.org/profile/discussions/UnderDog ;-)

However, reading again, perhaps the OP wants to search for specific text *within* the posts of a specific user. So far as I know, there is no out-the-box way to do that. However, there was in Vanilla 1 by including something like "User:{username}" in the submitted search text.

@luc To make that URL a little easier, you can also omit the user ID and just include the username: http://vanillaforums.org/profile/comments/glennmagusharvey I suspect the user ID and username will become more interchangeable over time and the userid can be dropped from all URLs, judging my what I have seen in the code changes. Not quite there yet though.

• Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    Yep, I thought so too, but I've answered from mobile device, and I didn't tried different stuff as I would have otherwise.
  • Options
    FYI the version we were using is the one that got us a free forum hosted here back on 8 January 2011. We're switching to a new version anyway, on our own server.

I don't see "Questions" and "Answers", but I see "Discussions" and "Comments".