Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

is there any way to allow guests to post?

YahavYahav New
edited May 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
hey, is there anyway to let guests post topic in a specific forum\category?
it would really be great if there is, because else i would have to go look for another board which is similar to Vanilla! i like the way you change the whole POV of the online forums and though out of the box. great job.

another problem that i have is when i try to install (enable) any plugin ,i get this error:

The plugin could not be enabled because it generated a fatal error:
couldn't connect to host

does anyone got this err before?

Yahav.

Comments

• About Guests posting, goto [yoursite]/vanilla/settings/managecategories, click the right category, and set guests to be allowed to post.
  • there is no such option for me:
    http://imm.io/wB6
  • Oh, I see indeed. That means it ain't possible. Maybe an addon would be able to do it.
  • yes, but i can't get to install addons as well ]=
  • There is no guest post for vanilla 2 currently anyway. It would be something you need to create.
  • so i will, but i really need to solve the plugins enable bug!

when i try to install (enable) any plugin ,i get this error:

The plugin could not be enabled because it generated a fatal error:
    couldn't connect to host

i really need help with this one
  • The test addon function for seeing if plugins work or not has recently been rewritten, i don't know when you got your version but you may need to update.
  • i got mine from the GitHub! the latest verion:
    vanillaforums-Garden-Vanilla_2.0_rc1-0-gcb12ba2
  • i did a fresh clean install all over again, and still, the same error when trying to enable plugins or themes
  • The Anonymouse plugin is working well for me in Vanilla 2.
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/anonymouse-plugin