Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Could not parse import file

LeftBrainLeftBrain ✭✭
edited May 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Anyone know how I can import my data from Vanilla 1 to Vanilla 2? I keep getting this error and I'm not able to import. It just gets hung up.

Also, when I try to use the vanilla import, the output is a page of text, not a file. I don't know what to do from there. I tried cutting and pasting into Notepad but that didn't work.

Any ideas?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    SUCCESSS!!

Here's what happened. When I put the file in my folder, it had a permission of 755 which doesn't allow writing of the file to the server. So, the output would just be text on a web page. I tried to just copy and paste the file into Notepad and then save it as a text file. This doesn't work and I get a Parse Error.

So, I changed the permissions to 777 on the folder in which I put the Vanillaimporter.php. Then when I ran the file it automatically uploaded a file to my system. Then it let me download the file and use that one to import into the forum.

This took me a long time to figure out. I hope it helps someone in the future.