Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Van2Shout not showing

@caerostris

I installed Van2Shout and it seems to be enabled but it's not showing, this is the only thing I see:

http://i.imgur.com/XNgyR.png

Could you, or someone else please help? Thanks :)

Comments

• Are you logged in as a user with full permissions?
    It looks like you don't have permission to post anything, but permissions to view and delete... Have you checked if your group has all permissions for Van2Shout?

You could try to click [Clear all], then a message should appear saying something like "System: Shoubox has been cleared"...
  • @Caerostris
    Yeah I got all the permissions set. Plus my user ID is 1 so it should have all the permissions anyway right? When I click ''clear all'' nothing happens. The other two options work though but still don't see the shoutbox :(

Thanks for your help.
  • thats quiet strange... do you have phpmyadmin or something similar installed?
    If you have, please check if a table "GDN_Shoutbox" exists...
  • @caerostris
    Yeah it exists :( Now that I look at the other plugins I've also noticed that the ''voting'' plugin isn't working. What could be wrong here? :(
  • Maybe you could try inserting a shoutbox-post manually into GDN_Shoutbox, just to see if it's working...
  • @Caerostris Could you please explain to me step by step how I do that? I'm not really great in managing the technical stuff of a forum :) Thanks.
  • Yep, of course ;)

Unfortunality, in germany it's about 11:00PM, and I have to get up early tomorrow, i'll just write you a short php script which does the job tomorrow, okay?
    I'll have the script ready at about 10:00AM, german time...
  • @caerostris Alright man, thanks alot!
  • Okay, here we go:

http://caerostris.com/van2shout/insert.php.txt

you have to place this into your vanilla's index (on your forum /vanilla/insert.php)
    then just use a webbrowser and navigate to insert.php.
    If it says "Should be done", check out if there's something in the shoutbox, if it gives you an error, post it here...
  • edited May 2011
    @Caerostris
    Alright I navigated to that file, it said ''should be done'' but the shoutbox is still empty :(

Thanks alot for your help with this though, appreciate it.
  • You're welcome ;)

that's a really intresting problem, currently I've got no clue what could cause this problem...

If some great idea comes to my mind, I'll immediatelly contact you ;) (which should be still today, or at least within this week)
  • @caerostris
    I tried searching for the problem so I went into the website source and this is the error I found regarding the Shoutbox:

''Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)''

Could it be that the permissions in some files of my vanilla install aren't set properly?
  • Where did you find that error?
    It definitely *looks like* it's a problem specefic to your server, but we'll see ;)

Do you have ssh or just ftp access? How are your file permissions set for /vanilla/plugins/Van2Shout?