Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How can I set a message to only be displayed on the homepage?

edited June 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
After having security issues with MyBB I decided to restart my community from the core, and chose Vanilla to do so. So far it's been a pleasure; Vanilla is a fantastic piece of software that I regret not using in the past.

I've hit one bump, however: I need to set a welcome message to be displayed only on the homepage. For now I have it set to be displayed on Discussion pages, which works fine, but I'd like it be only on the homepage.

Is this possible with perhaps an addon or non-brain-damaging code edits? I've yet to delve into the source of Vanilla so I'm unsure of what needs to happen. Any help is appreciated!
Tagged:

Comments

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Hmm. Just looking we do add a hook to allow you to add different targets for the messages.

By default, the discussions page is the homepage. What is the homepage on your forum?
  • edited June 2011
    Hmm. Just looking we do add a hook to allow you to add different targets for the messages.

By default, the discussions page is the homepage. What is the homepage on your forum?
    My homepage is still the default - the Discussions page. I want to target the message specifically to the homepage; for example, if I click a category the message should not be displayed. With the current setup for just discussion pages the message still shows.

The message is meant to be a welcome/starting point message that doesn't need to be seen on every discussion page.
  • I second that - would be nice to add a welcome msg, but not have it take up space when ppl are looking at the regular pages.... i guess the only workaround would be to do a custom home page, then a link to "go to the forums" - but that seems kinds klunky...