HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Feedback on the Developer category from non-developers

mrptamrpta
edited June 2011 in Feedback
Just read through this discussion 'ere:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/16231/developer-forum

I see your point about keeping it neat and for people who actively contribute to your core code, but as someone who does code and has become hooked on your software, my humble request is... please don't go hiding it from us plebs as it may be possible for us to learn a bit more about the methods and lay of the sweet vanilla land. It will also be useful for potential plugin-writers to see what they're up against ;-)

Cheers!

Comments

• lucluc ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    I haven't reread it now, but I don't remember being said it will be hidden, it's just that to post in it, you will require a special role.
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Yeah it's not hidden at all. And I imagine that if you ask a question about coding a Vanilla plugin then I'll add you to the developer role and move the discussion.

It's just that there are some people in the community that donate their time for free and would rather be able to spend what little time they have helping other developers.
  • Yup, i see that.

@ddumont's opening post implies that it might be hidden at some point.

I'd like to be more clued up on the Garden and plugins etc, if only I had the time.