Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Doesn't work for embedded forums

ronakgronakg New
edited June 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I tried to enable this plugin for my embedded vanilla forum at http://www.ronakg.in/discussions but it doesn't gel at all with the theme and results don't appear as well.
Tagged:

Answers

• Do you have a screenshot?

I don't have any experience with embedded forums. I imagine that it will need some work to cope with it. Hopefully I can get some help with stuff like that.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    If you enable embed you can just throw up an html page and try it out. There's a strong chance that Google is preventing this specifically. I know they don't like their code running in iframes. So if that's the case I would do the following in the plugin's Setup().
    if (array_key_exists('embedvanilla', $this->EnabledPlugins()))
    throw new Exception('Vanoogle is not compatible with the embed vanilla plugin');
    I guess people can also just enable Vanoogle and then enable embed. Maybe also add the incompatibility to the description.
  • Do you have a screenshot?

I don't have any experience with embedded forums. I imagine that it will need some work to cope with it. Hopefully I can get some help with stuff like that.
    I have removed it as it was covering the default search box and no search results were appearing either when I press search button.

• Thanks @Todd.

I think I may disable it for now until I have time to look into it or someone sends me a patch.

There was an error rendering this rich post.