Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Apply Form Modification

VinVin
edited June 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Where can I find the file to change the sign-up form. I don't want the questions about why they want to apply and their gender. Thanks!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    Depending on your registration method there are files in /applications/dashboard/views/entry/register*.php. If you want to remove those questions I recommend the following:

1. Copy the file into your theme's views folder with the same path as above.
    2. Put <input type="hidden"> placeholders for the questions you want to remove with default values so that the logic still flows through properly.

Answers

Answer ✓
    Depending on your registration method there are files in /applications/dashboard/views/entry/register*.php. If you want to remove those questions I recommend the following:

1. Copy the file into your theme's views folder with the same path as above.
    2. Put <input type="hidden"> placeholders for the questions you want to remove with default values so that the logic still flows through properly.
  • Thanks Todd! I tried putting that file into my views of my theme folder and it did not work, more likely I am doing something incorrect, but I got it working by commenting out the two parts I did not want in it's original location.
    You need to make sure that the path is YourTheme/views/entry/register*.php.
  • That is probably why it did not work lol, thanks Todd!