Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Only my admin account can access my localhost install. Why?

edited June 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have vanilla installed on my localhost. I just installed it today as a fresh install, but this problem seems to be reoccurring. Here's my problem:

I can access my localhost and sign in as the administrator account, and I can browse the board normally.

I first tried to login with the test accounts on Google Chromes Incognito feature. That didn't work so I tried to login with just regular old chrome. Still not working. It also lets me create accounts, but it doesn't let me login with them.

Any ideas on how to fix my problems? I really need to be able to use other accounts to finish my theme I'm working on!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    You need to go to first make a note of the Role you are giving to the new members, then you need to go to Roles & Permissions to make sure that that role has the Sign In Permission.

Answers

• I tried to login with just regular old chrome. Still not working. It also lets me create accounts, but it doesn't let me login with them.
    Explain the error message that Vanilla will give when you try to log in. Does it say that the username is unknown etc?
    Do you have vanilla 2.0.18 (beta2) or 2.0.17

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I'm using 2.0.17 and it says Sorry, permission denied when I try to login. I've looked for the permissions to change it but I guess I'm just missing it.
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    You need to go to first make a note of the Role you are giving to the new members, then you need to go to Roles & Permissions to make sure that that role has the Sign In Permission.
  • Thank you so much. I looked through that, but totally over looked the signin option! You've been a great help to me!