Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Dashboard looping

edited June 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi there again! I'm having a problem with my dashboard (2.0.17.10). When I click in the main Painel (http://www.myforum.com/dashboard/settings) starts to load the page, then redirects to the same page and stay in a blank page, like if it was in a looping. Looking at the Firebug console, I see that some "embed_local.js" is called twice and when it's called that's when the loop starts. The problem is that I don't see any file in the "js" path called embed_local.
What could be wrong?
Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• lucluc ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    uhuu! I found the error! =D
    I needed to change all the "Delivery" word in all the code to load the forum here at work, because this word "Delivery" is blocked by proxy here... der.. =/

Well, using the crtl+f of my Notepad++ I changed all the "Delivery" to "Entrega". But the call to the feed of Vanilla News need the "Delivery" word because it is a URI to the Feed... deeerrr... hahaha

So, I just come back the original URI and it works!
    'http://vanillaforums.org/vforg/home/getfeed/'.$Type.'/'.$Length.'/'.$FeedFormat.'/?DeliveryType=VIEW'

Sorry about it and thank you guys very much for the help! =)
    Answer found by OP. (so you're able to accept an answer, apparantly you can't accept your answer from what I gather)

Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    What version are you running?
  • lucluc ✭✭
    my dashboard (2.0.17.10).
  • Did I have to upgrade to another vesrion?
  • embed_local.js?

Could this be a plugin problem? What plugins are you running?
  • I thougth this too. I also coment all this code and tried load the dashboard but it didn't work... =(

$Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['HtmLawed'] = 'HtmLawed';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['WhosOnline'] = 'WhosOnline';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['VanillaInThisDiscussion'] = 'VanillaInThisDiscussion';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Tagging'] = 'Tagging';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Facebook'] = 'Facebook';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Twitter'] = 'Twitter';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['OpenID'] = 'OpenID';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['GoogleSignIn'] = 'GoogleSignIn';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['SEOCompanion'] = 'SEOCompanion';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Analytics'] = 'Analytics';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Liked'] = 'Liked';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['cleditor'] = 'cleditor';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['VanillaStats'] = 'VanillaStats';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Following'] = 'Following';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Emotify'] = 'Emotify';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Anonymouse'] = 'Anonymouse';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Minify'] = 'Minify';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Voting'] = 'Voting';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Quotes'] = 'Quotes';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['ReplyTo'] = 'ReplyTo';
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['TwitterFeeds'] = 'TwitterFeeds';

It seems the loop starts when load the "News" in the dashboard panel.
  • The Statistics module which I have installed seems to cause this in IE. Do you have the same problem in Firefox or
    chrome?
  • lucluc ✭✭
    Try disabling the minify plugin
  • The Statistics module which I have installed seems to cause this in IE. Do you have the same problem in Firefox or
    chrome?
    Hey there boyzforum, this happens in both browsers (IE 8, FF 4, Chrome).
    Try disabling the minify plugin
    Hey luc, as I said before, even with all the plugins disabled the dashboard is not loaded... =(
  • Anyone? =(
  • uhuu! I found the error! =D
    I needed to change all the "Delivery" word in all the code to load the forum here at work, because this word "Delivery" is blocked by proxy here... der.. =/

Well, using the crtl+f of my Notepad++ I changed all the "Delivery" to "Entrega". But the call to the feed of Vanilla News need the "Delivery" word because it is a URI to the Feed... deeerrr... hahaha

'http://vanillaforums.org/vforg/home/getfeed/'.$Type.'/'.$Length.'/'.$FeedFormat.'/?DeliveryType=VIEW'

• lucluc ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    uhuu! I found the error! =D

Answer found by OP. (so you're able to accept an answer, apparantly you can't accept your answer from what I gather)