Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Possible to use vanilla porter to merge a vbulletin 3.x board into existing vanilla2 install?

edited July 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
with minimal damage?

I know the importer overwrites everything, I was wondering if there is a way to reorganize (ie, renumber posts/users) the existing boards database without losing anything.

My main goal is to just be able to get the old posts from my original VB board (users, private messages don't really matter) and be able to sort them into existing vanilla2 categories with the dates intact.

Answers

• You shouldn't have any trouble doing that. I'd suggest making a backup of your vBulletin MySQL database before attempting the importation just in case, though.
  • Thanks hyphy.

I tried importing the vbulletin forum into a fresh install which went fine. I tried overwriting that database with my original vanilla2 site hoping for a crude merger but everything originally there is lost this way. I'm not terribly gifted at mysql I'm trying to figure out a good way to do this.