Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

ReCaptcha refresh causes 404 error

edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have my forum embedded on my site using the new embed option. I just noticed that if I go to the registration form and click the refresh button next to the recaptcha to get new words, I get a 404 page not found error. I don't get any 404 errors anywhere else in my forum. This only happens if you refresh ReCaptcha.

Basically the ReCaptcha refresh button and the audio button change the url from: community/#/entry/register?Target=discussions

to: community/#ript

Which causes a 404.

Update 10/25/10: I still haven't solved this bug, but with JavaScript and CSS I figured out how to change the theme of the recaptcha and hide those buttons so no one can click them and get an error. It's not the best solution because there is no refresh button now, but, if someone really needs to refresh the recaptcha hopefully they'll be smart enough to just refresh the page.
Tagged:

Comments