Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to configure Split / Merge for moderators

tmilovantmilovan New
edited July 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,

I have enabled Split Merge plugin and it works fine for admin user, but other moderators regardless if they are in administrators group or not does not have "merge" action shown in black dialog box. Only the actions "delete" and "cancel" are shown for them.

Moderation options are checked both for moderators and for administrators groups.

How can I set this right? :)

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    Moderators need the Discussions/Comments edit permission in order to split/merge.

Now I do believe there as a typo in the split/merge plugin that misspelled the permission so if it still doesn't work for mods try updating your code. You can just update the contents of the plugins/SplitMerge folder to fix things if you wish.

Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    Moderators need the Discussions/Comments edit permission in order to split/merge.

Now I do believe there as a typo in the split/merge plugin that misspelled the permission so if it still doesn't work for mods try updating your code. You can just update the contents of the plugins/SplitMerge folder to fix things if you wish.
  • Edit permissions as set but it still does not work. Will fetch the code again.

Thanks.
  • Unfortunately even installing latest version from github does not help. I have even put moderators in administrators group but they still cannot split or merge. Only one who can do this is original admin user.
  • I have also installed this plugin but neither administrator nor moderator is able to use this feature!!