HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[HOW TO] Change Thumbnail Size

revaxartsrevaxarts New
edited July 2011 in Feedback
I needed a bigger thumbnail for my theme but I always got the 50px width.

I did the following modifications on the application/dashboard/views/profile/thumbnail.php (I actually copied that file in my theme folder)

add this at the top of the file
<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();

$this->ThumbSize = C('Garden.Thumbnail.Width');
$this->Form->AddHidden('w', $this->ThumbSize);
$this->Form->AddHidden('h', $this->ThumbSize);
$this->Form->AddHidden('ThumbSize', $this->ThumbSize);
and add this line in your config.php file
$Configuration['Garden']['Thumbnail']['Width'] = 90;
Any suggestions?
Tagged:

Comments

• lucluc ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    If you already uploaded your thumbnails, they are certainly already resized, re-up.

And you've just change the view.
    I don't know if need to change something else than your config to get the correct thumbnail size.

• revaxartsrevaxarts New
    edited July 2011
    The forum is fresh, no user, no thumbs :)

Only change the config doesn't work for me (v 2.0.18b2)
  • lucluc ✭✭
    Config param seems to be used only for gravatar:
    plugins/Gravatar/default.php: .'&size='.Gdn::Config('Garden.Thumbnail.Width', 40);
  • lucluc ✭✭
    Looks like it's using Garden.Thumbnail.Size when uploading.
  • lucluc ✭✭
    public function Picture($UserReference = '', $Username = '') in applications/dashboard/controllers/class.profilecontroller.php
  • Thanks @luc, works perfect!
  • Hi, @revaxarts please tell us what exactly did you change from the above. I lost :)

• OK, now solved! Thanks @revaxarts for the solution.

• edited February 2013

So what did you guys exactly did?????

I change
    .'&size='.C('Garden.Thumbnail.Width', 250); to 250 pixel in plugins/Gravatar/default.php
    and
    $Configuration['Garden']['Thumbnail']['Size'] = 250; to 250 pixel in conf/Config.php

Also uploaded a new resized (250 x 250) usericon.gif to the application/dashboard/design/images/usericon.gif
    and uplaoded a new resized (250 x 250) default.gif to plugins/Gravatar/default.gif

Tried creating a new user but I'm still getting the same old 48 x 48 (default) avatar instead of my new file which is pixelating under my 80 x 80 css style.
    What did you guys do?????

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

The defaultuser.gif is being called from /applications/dashboard/design/images/usericon.gif

just change it there too

• @vrijvlinder said:
    The defaultuser.gif is being called from /applications/dashboard/design/images/usericon.gif

just change it there too

Ok for some reason there were a hidden cache file which updates itself. I did everything right but it seemed the original profile picture was cached somewhere (definitely not my browser's cache). Now it's okay, its using the new one now after sometime.