Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Great looking theme, but...

edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I just downloaded the latest Vanilla Forums (2.0.17.3) and installed your theme, and the homepage shows "Bonk - Something funky happened. Please bear with us while we iron out the kinks." I have done nothing else to this install other than enable this theme. Is there a README or way of debugging this?

Comments

• I've gone as far as copying this theme over as a new theme, then stripping everything in views, then if I only add default.master.tpl, the theme gives the error mentioned above. I've even tried debugging this file, but unfortunately since I don't know what might cause this kind of error, my ability to debug it is quite limited. Do you have any suggestions?
  • Unfortunately this them will not work on Vanilla v2.0.6 because it has modified views.

If there is enough interest for this theme to be updated I will work on it?

@solepixel in the meant time, you will need to trash all the custom views folders, just keep default.master.tpl. Then you will need to make a few css changes. That should do the trick.

lmk.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• There is enough interest! This is the best looking theme period! = ) Please update
  • It is definitely one of the better looking themes for vanilla.
  • When get some time I will start looking into re-building for the latest release. Thanks for digging it :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I've been using Joie theme on 2.0.18b with no problems.
  • lucluc ✭✭
    So the above issue might be related to write rights in the cache directory.
  • I don't know why this wasn't noticed earlier, but all of the popups aren't formatted correctly. The issue was more prevalent in 2.0.18, but I've noticed this since 2.0.17: the popups contain white text, and the background is also white. I've seen this in the Confirmation popup (when you delete something), My Preferences, and the other popups in your profile options have black text, which makes it kind of a challenge since making a dark background for the popups with white text then makes it hard to read the popups with black text.
    Other than those issues, it's a pretty cool theme. Thanks for the contribution!