Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Facebook Connect Does not Work because of my Email Settings?

edited August 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi All.

I use Google Apps for my Domain name. Gmail is my email client but using my own domain name.

When I tried to enable Facebook Connect, whenever I try to login using my facebook account it says that my password is wrong.

I asked my support person and his reply was:

vanilla is trying to send a email while registering to the forum. And if the outgoing server is not configured properly in the backend it returns a error and the registration stops with the Bonk message.

So how can I solve the issue without canceling my Google Apps account?

Thanks.

Answers

• Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    configure the outgoing smtp server properly. gmail allows that, even for a google app account.
  • Options
    configure the outgoing smtp server properly. gmail allows that, even for a google app account.
    How can I do that? Please elaborate.
  • Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    check out gmail help to find the correct parameters, and go into the stmp configuration part of the dashboard for vanilla2
  • Options
    I made sure to enter the right SMTP details and I have double checked it.

But still when I try to login using facebook it says (The Password is Incorrect).

• Options
    Help!