Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Larger "New Discussion" text box?

edited August 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
couldn't find this anywhere as I searched.
But how can I increase the Height of the text box where your post content goes. Its like 200px high, and its just not that nice to work with. Giving that you can only see 5 lines of text at max. The vanilla forums auto sizes it at every line, it makes it much more convenient.

It would help if i could do the same on my forums.

and I use Vanilla v2.0.17.10

Best Answer

• zodiacdmzodiacdm
    Answer ✓
    try searching for textarea#Form_Body or textarea.TextBox

The width and height are most likely set using javascript, not css; though a #min-height: 250px; should do the trick.

Answers

• zodiacdmzodiacdm
    Answer ✓
    try searching for textarea#Form_Body or textarea.TextBox

The width and height are most likely set using javascript, not css; though a #min-height: 250px; should do the trick.
  • Ill try it...
  • Found its not apart of css, but its html. Where is that file?
  • edited August 2011
    On "Start a new Discussion" This is the element that manages the size of the text area.

<iframe frameborder="0" src="javascript:true;" style="width: 918px; height: 155px; "></iframe>

Yet I cant find where that could be within vanilla, cuz the structure of vanilla is very messy.
  • Has there been a fix to this/has someone found the source?