Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2 simply will not send notifications by email*

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I am using a local (to the server) email, connecting via SMTP.

Invitation emails are sent as expected.

Notifications however, are simply not sent. Period.

I have not used V2 before, so any point in the right direction as to why email is not working only for invites would be great.

Thank you.

Comments

• Still hoping someone can help me out with this.
  • have you set the flag in preferences? it is in your profile (press your name when logged in)
  • Yes. All email notification checkboxes are checked in preferences.
  • Is email configured properly in the dashboard?
  • Yes.

Registration emails as well as invite emails are sent just fine. It's just the notification emails that don't get sent.
  • Yes.

Registration emails as well as invite emails are sent just fine. It's just the notification emails that don't get sent.
    Sorry, didn't quite read the first post.
    Do you have access to the mail logs? To check that if you have at least an attempt to send email and that don't work for whatever reason.
  • Yeah, I checked the mail logs and it doesn't make it that far. There are no attempts to send out any notification emails.
  • lucluc ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    No more idea, I don't know how to debug php, sorry.
  • DanDevineDanDevine
    edited February 2011
    I know it does not fix the problem but I have been using the EmailSubscribe plugin by /cd with success. It also allows notification sending based on user roles. And it does send notifications for new posts to the forum.
  • I am actually also experiencing this, even on the VanillaForums.org website. I have discussions bookmarked, yet I don't receive any e-mail that somebody commented on this discussion. It used to work in the previous versions.

My plugin actually sends an e-mail when someone starts a new discussion and then it bookmarks the discussion. I have tried to look through the code, but can't find a point of failure before sending the e-mail.

/cd
  • Notification emails aren't being sent for me either.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Me too. I wonder if it is anything to do with an email plugin i added
  • I am using a local (to the server) email, connecting via SMTP.

Invitation emails are sent as expected.

Notifications however, are simply not sent. Period.

I have not used V2 before, so any point in the right direction as to why email is not working only for invites would be great.

Thank you.
    I have the same problem.
    Did anyone solve this situation ?
  • Sad that stable version of Vanilla still has such a lot of bugs...

Bump.
  • apparently it sends slowly in batches, or something

->[GitHub 1097]

grep is your friend.

• I think gmail will hate this, they will deem it suspicious.

grep is your friend.

• I also have the same problem - posted a separate thread here:
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/143537
  • Our notifications are working for gmail and yahoo, but not outlook. still trying to figure out why.

This discussion has been closed.