Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Change "Question" & "Answered" background colors

edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
How would I style the backgrounds of the Question and Answered info buttons on the discussions page? I'm using a dark theme and would like to achieve some contrast for UI purposes.

Can't seem to find any CSS references in the plugin directory.

My URL: gmauthority.com/forum/
Tagged:

Best Answer

• hungle88hungle88 New
    Answer ✓
    This is my style for the QnA plug-in.

.Tag {
    background: #0065C3;
    border-radius: 2px;
    color: white;
    font-weight: bold;
    padding: 1px 4px;
    }

.Tag.QnA-Tag-Question {
    background: #E12E2D;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    padding: 2px 4px;
    }

.Tag.QnA-Tag-Accepted {
    background: #55BE26;
    }

Answers

• is true, there is a style file, however I found the file qnapost.php part that refers to styles, but do not think it referred to this.

as I said some things in vanilla still costs us who are set to newbies, but anything's possible mood.
  • Wait, so is there or isn't there a way to style these items? If so, what's the file? Is it located in the plugin's directory or elsewhere?

Thanks! Alex
  • <span class="Tag QnA-Tag-Answered">Answered</span>
    style.css: .QnA-Tag-Answered { background-color: #DD0000; } Thank you firefox / firebug

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• @UnderDog That helps! But which file is that in? I can't seem to find it :(
  • Look in /dashboard/design/*.css

• @underdog Thanks for the reply again. I've searched throughout the QnA plugin directory and cannot find the css that is being pulled for the "answered" section (searched within the QnA directory and the main Vanilla css). Is there another place that it could be located?
  • Search through the other directories and concentrate on the "vanilla" and "dashboard" directories

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    @sashok, you have to make your own theme and add the css to the custom.css. Theming is core part of Vanilla and there is a guide for it in our documentation.
  • hungle88hungle88 New
    Answer ✓
    This is my style for the QnA plug-in.

.Tag {
    background: #0065C3;
    color: white;
    padding: 1px 4px;
    }

.Tag.QnA-Tag-Question {
    background: #E12E2D;
    }

.Tag.QnA-Tag-Accepted {
    background: #55BE26;
    }
  • Old topic I know but new to me. Anyone have this working thats open to sharing what and where to place the code in the style.css?
    I'm working off the default theme.

appreciate the help

• It is better to create your own custom.css under the design directory of your theme. put anything you want in there.

e.g. if your theme is EmbedFriendly

vanilla/themes/EmbedFriendly/design/custom.css

read the documentation and wiki on themes - it will add to your ability to understand. guaranteed.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited June 2012

Cool thanks mate! Appreciate the help.