Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

phpbb 3 to Vanilla 2 migration

shozen1shozen1 New
edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have migrated to vanilla from phpbb 3 but now (and I have scoured the net for answers) only me, the admin can login.

All of my registered users are locked out with the message: "Sorry, no account could be found related to the email and password you entered."

Yes, I have changed permissions for my registered users and have spent the last 2 hours playing around with permissions with no success....I have also attempted to do a password reset with regular users, again with no success.

please throw this dog a bone!

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• Just a small bone this time.
    In the users table take a look at the encryption type field.
    Compare the admin to the other users.

• shozen1shozen1 New
    edited September 2011
    user:         password:                                                 hash method:
    admin thiswasaVANILLAhashedPassword Vanilla

user: password: hash method:
    ^empty^ thiswasaPHPBBhashedPassword phpBB
    Does this help turn anything up?

• *sigh* Don't show your passwords in your post, I've removed them and highlighted the differences

• shozen1shozen1 New
    edited September 2011
    thanks @Underdog. I have changed to the Vanilla password hash method but my users are still unable to login without a password reset.

So my question then is, is it possible for my members to login WITHOUT a password reset?

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited September 2011
    No, because their PHPBB passwords weren't hashed to the Vanilla password hash.
    Luckily you do not know their PHPBB passwords, so just reset their password (there must be an easy SQL statement for that, to expire all their passwords in 1 try) and have fun with Vanilla
    Also... change your own password please

• shozen1shozen1 New
    edited September 2011
    thanks again @Underdog

After googling I am still having difficulty finding out how to reset everyones password in phpmyadmin...any ideas?

edit: also, if I use the 'easy SQL statement method' - it probably only reset the passwords without notifying the members of this change, right? which in that case it would be better to do it manually in vanilla itself....?!