Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

a fatal error: Success

edited August 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Just installed Version 2.0.18b2 on our hosted server. (php5.2 - MySql: 5.5).
When trying to install themes and add-ons this error come up:

The addon could not be enabled because it generated a fatal error:
Success

Please help - what to change - what to do ?

Answers

• The same thing here. I can't view the error, maybe there's any config we're missing?

Enable errors thing or anything.. :/
  • Make sure you use 2.0.18b4 an reproduce the error.
    Then look in the source code for the exact same text:
    "The addon could not be enabled because it generated a fatal error"
    Then show a piece of code of the source code. 5 lines above the text and 5 lines under this text.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• @CosmicAcademy: follow UnderDog advice, and if you still have an error:
    http://vanillaforums.org/docs/errors
  • x00x00 MVP
    edited September 2011
    seriously lighten up a bit. you can't put "lol"? Do you not see the funny side?

In V1 developers forum it was a more relaxed atmosphere.

grep is your friend.

• Of course you can put "lol", just say something more than just "lol"

• does that mean 1+s are going to be deleted? Astounding. Can't argue with that logic.

You can do what you like, but if your mission is to build communities then prob a good idea act like one.

grep is your friend.

• Look, my delete button got clicked a bit fast, that's all. If you're so troubled by it, I apologize, now let's get back on topic.

• BTW This discussion is marked "Answered" - is there any way to change that ?
  • I somehow manage with a little unconventional use of the "Open page in another tab" function. Another user posted this option: I.e. when clicking "Apply" do a rightclick and choose open page in another tab. Then I close the previous tab. And voila - no BONK.
    I'm not familiar with looking into codes and (always) under some time pressure to make things work. BUT I would like it work more "solid" when adding plugins and themes ...
  • BTW This discussion is marked "Answered" - is there any way to change that ?
    Probably not. There's a difference between "Answered" and "Accepted". If you've followed my advice and you see that it resolves your problem, just accept one of the answers and post in the thread that it worked.
    For BONK errors follow luc's advice.

• edited September 2011
    Hi sorry take so long to reply.. actually i'm using the 2.0.17.10 version.. so i think i'm at the wrong topic :)

anyways here's the piece of code you asked for:
    <?php if ($AddonUrl != '') echo Wrap(Anchor(T('Get More Plugins'), $AddonUrl), 'li'); ?> <?php echo $this->Form->Errors(); ?> <?php echo T('The addon could not be enabled because it generated a fatal error: <pre>%s'); ?> <?php echo T('Plugin'); ?> <?php echo T('Description'); ?>
  • actually i'm using the 2.0.17.10 version.. so i think i'm at the wrong topic
    It's fine, let's continue with the problem in this topic.
    The problem is that somewhere else... in the form, some errors occurred. I cannot tell you exactly where in the code to look.
    It's because of this code:
    <?php echo $this->Form->Errors(); ?>that you get your error message.

• Thanks!! I'll try to debug the code, but still think that's a server config issue.. because in my local server both versions (2.0.17.10 and 2.0.18b2) are working properly.
  • in my local server both versions (2.0.17.10 and 2.0.18b2) are working properly.
    Yugh, we're on 2.0.18b4 at the moment and going for RC soon...