Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Adding a preview image on discussion list

edited October 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi, I'd like to know if is there a way, or a plugin, to do a particular thing I need on my website: adding the choice to show a thumbnail image below every topic title in the homepage (discussions list).

Not the author avatar, I mean a different picture for every post, like in Wordpress for instance. It could help the reader to better understand what's the topic of the post before opening.

Is it possible? It would be ok even manually uploading the picture via ftp after sending the post, in an /images directory, named with the post number, for example, and adding a sort of dynamic link in the template, like:

"/images/postnumber.jpg"

(I don't know if it's possible in php).

Thanks for any help.

Best Answer

• clethrillclethrill ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    To bring back a bit of an old discussion, I think what he is trying to get at, being something that I wish to do also.
    A good example would be from 9to5mac.com
    I was thinking of somehow incorporating it with fileupload, so that if an image file is uploaded it will display it with the post on the discussion page.

Answers