Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

discussion approval by admin / most voted discussion on hompage

edited October 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I don't want users to have the ability to create discussions without me apruving it AND i would like to put the most popular discussion on my homepage so if someone goes on my site they can see the post with comments and everithing on my homepage without clicking on it...

Answers

• jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I had to develop post approval myself, I guess I could put the code up somewhere but it requires lot of additions to the core code in order to work (mostly with disabling new post notifications). Right now it's designed to work with 2.0.18b4, it won't work with any other version.
  • yeah you should talk with the vanilla Forum developers because this should be a core feature... I will think of an other way to do this.. Thank's for the reply!
  • this doesn't have to in the core. could easily be a plugin.

The core should not be cluttered by stuff like this. If they responded for every request for something to be in the core it would be a total mess. Occasionally people need more events and some changes, but mostly it is not necessary

Think is it is major pain in the arse to explain to a non programmer how to program something specific, without them learning how to program first.

grep is your friend.

• jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭
    I'm working with the devs to make some changes to the core so that this is viable as a standalone plugin.
  • Ok thanks I understand what x00 is saying it's true... I was a little bit selfish at this point... But for me it would be very important to have this feature I will just wait for the plugin.. and thank's for helping