Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Two Issues with bbPress 1.x Import

edited October 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm experiencing the recount issue described here, which is causing a riff in data integrity. Which leads to my second problem…

Each topic body that was imported was duplicated as a topic reply as well. So I either have to manually delete the false reply from all 200+ topics or find a way to delete it with SQL queries. Should Porter be deleting or repressing these duplicates?

Best Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    I'm pretty sure these issues have been dealt with in the most recent beta of Vanilla.
    Answer ✓
    I think I've fixed this only very recently. Run this:
    update GDN_User set DateFirstVisit = DateInserted where DateFirstVisit is null

Answers

Answer ✓
    I'm pretty sure these issues have been dealt with in the most recent beta of Vanilla.
  • Fantastic. I'll check it out.
  • Just installed Version 2.0.18b4 locally and yes, it solved both issues.

One last thing regarding importer… I see that 'user_registered'=>'DateInserted' is being accounted for in the importer script and those date values are making it into the exported .sql file, as well as the DateInserted column in GDN_User. But the Join date is not outputting on member profiles. Other than that, everything else looks peachy keen.
    Answer ✓
    I think I've fixed this only very recently. Run this:
    update GDN_User set DateFirstVisit = DateInserted where DateFirstVisit is null
  • Worked like a charm.