HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Vanilla API] Reporting a non-existing method

edited October 2011 in Feedback
Hello,

Using 2.0.17.8 here, could be fixed in latest release.

I've been trying to integrate an external API to Vanilla and trying to call a "Register" function to the UserModel. My Error message was replying that xRegister function was not found (with the x prefix before). Spent 1.5h grepping through the code for xRegister but no luck until I debugged and saw that it was actually non-existing Register method.

Just a feedback - don't report a 'x' methods cause it is hard to find later.

Thanks
Mario
Tagged:

Answers

• Very very nice feedback man! Anything else you want to share?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• So far so good, I was thinking about the "Unable to write to a config file .../config.php" when changing theme or options. Since I work on external servers as well, probably some helpful messages could be added like: "Please check your file/server permissions" or something like that. My clients start with "I can't change the theme" and it takes several messages exchanged to get to the "It is written that I am not allowed to persist data in this file".

It is probably subjective, but i think that you could add extra technical description for this one.

My 2 cents so far,
    Mario