Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Remove "Activity"

edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hey,

Just wondering, how do I remove the "Activity" link from the top of my forum - I don't want my forum members knowing who signs up and when...

Doesn't anyone else feel that... ?

Comments

• Remove where it says {activity_link} in the default.master.tpl file. That is located in the themes/"themename"/views/ in my current theme and hopefully yours too.
  • I notice that some links are smart about permissions, they don't display the link if the permission isn't granted, like {dashboard}

I believe there is a way to test for the permission and conditionally include {activity} in the template. Can someone share?
  • Remove where it says {activity_link} in the default.master.tpl file. That is located in the themes/"themename"/views/ in my current theme and hopefully yours too.
    I'm using the default theme and I don't have a "views" folder. Can you advise?
  • I wouldn't change a file...
    Instead go to the Dashboard-->Roles&Permissions-->Clik on "Edit" for members-->And uncheck view "activity"
    I would repeat the steps for the other type of users, such as Guests and Applicants
  • Well, I can't edit. I've seen that the link doesn't disappear...
    When you click you got something like
    Permission Problem

You don't have permission to do that.

But the link is still there.

Sorry!
  • edited October 2011
    I wouldn't change a file...
    Instead go to the Dashboard-->Roles&Permissions-->Clik on "Edit" for members-->And uncheck view "activity"
    I would repeat the steps for the other type of users, such as Guests and Applicants
    Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Edit: correct, link doesn't disappear but it doesn't show the activity, instead prompting for sign in/registration which is fine. Thanks again.
  • But how can we delete a link in the sidebar with the default template?

• application/dashboard/views/default.master.php

Remove --> // $this->Menu->AddLink('Activity', T('Activity'), '/activity', FALSE, array('class' => 'Activity'));