Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Connect ejabberd to Vanilla userDB

shanertshanert New
edited October 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'd like to connect my ejabberd to the userDB of Vanilla, so that users can login to the xmpp-server with there logindata that they use for Vanilla. But for this I need to know how Vanilla generates the password? As I can see, it's not just md5 or SHA1.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓
    class.passwordhash.php

$PasswordHash = new Gdn_PasswordHash();
    $Fields['Password'] = $PasswordHash->HashPassword($Fields['Password']);

grep is your friend

grep is your friend.

Answers

• No idea? Someone knows, in wich file the registration of a new user is handled?
  • It's complicated. My husband worked it out eventually by reading the PHP code.
  • Yeah, PHP is not the problem, but I can't find the function that generates the hash out of the password that is stored in the DB :(
  • x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓
    class.passwordhash.php

$PasswordHash = new Gdn_PasswordHash();
    $Fields['Password'] = $PasswordHash->HashPassword($Fields['Password']);

grep is your friend

grep is your friend.

• @shanert said:
    Yeah, PHP is not the problem, but I can't find the function that generates the hash out of the password that is stored in the DB :(

Hi. I can see that you're been active here a year ago. Did you manage to find a solution?