Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Custom Pages does not work or am I doing something wrong?

AFNAFN New
edited October 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have installed "Custom Pages" but when I try clicking on "Custom Pages" thought the admin page, I get this error message "Bonk Something funky happened. Please bear with us while we iron out the kinks."

What does this mean "You need to add them to the "pages" folder of this plugin." I must be missing something?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• camocamo New
    edited October 2011 Answer ✓
    It means there is an error occuring somewhere. To get a detailed error message instead of the 'bonk' page, add the following to your config > config.php file, then do whatever you did again to trigger the error, cut n paste the error here and @UnderDog will help you fix it.
    $Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'deverror.master.php';
    You can also try going to your cache folder, delete all files ending in .ini (only)

then point your browser at http://yoursite/your forum/utility/update

you will see a page like 'Bonk' that says 'Success'. After that try your plugin again.
  • UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓
    Can you please post it here in the forum, I can only see a little bit of the error message.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓
    You don't need to post the troublesome URL yet.
    Your problem is this error message:
    705: trigger_error(ErrorMessage("Could not find a '$View' view for the '$ControllerName' controller in the '$ApplicationFolder' application.", $this->ClassName, 'FetchViewLocation'), E_USER_ERROR);

It is looking for a specific page but it cannot find it in these locations:

0 => '/home/afnme/public_html/plugins/CustomPages/pages/default.php', 1 => '/home/afnme/public_html/themes/public_vforg/dashboard/views/plugin//home/afnme/public_html/plugins/CustomPages/pages/default.php.*', 2 => '/home/afnme/public_html/themes/public_vforg/views/plugin//home/afnme/public_html/plugins/CustomPages/pages/default.php.*', 3 => '/home/afnme/public_html/applications/dashboard/views/plugin//home/afnme/public_html/plugins/CustomPages/pages/default.php.*', I don't know how to solve your problem except for the advice to look in these locations whether that file it's looking for exists. I also think that your problem could temporarily be resolved by applying the default theme. If applying the default theme helps, copy the file that was found in the default theme to your custom theme (public_vforg)

• AFNAFN New
    Answer ✓
    Thank you very much UnderDog and camo for your help. I have re-uploaded the plugin and that fixed the issue.

Answers

• camocamo New
    edited October 2011 Answer ✓
    It means there is an error occuring somewhere. To get a detailed error message instead of the 'bonk' page, add the following to your config > config.php file, then do whatever you did again to trigger the error, cut n paste the error here and @UnderDog will help you fix it.
    $Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'deverror.master.php';
    You can also try going to your cache folder, delete all files ending in .ini (only)

then point your browser at http://yoursite/your forum/utility/update

you will see a page like 'Bonk' that says 'Success'. After that try your plugin again.
  • I have posted the error message that I am getting on your page. @UnderDog
  • UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓
    Can you please post it here in the forum, I can only see a little bit of the error message.

• AFNAFN New
    edited October 2011
    701:          $this->_ViewLocations[$LocationName] = $ViewPath;

702: }

703: // echo '['.$LocationName.'] RETURNS ['.$ViewPath.']';

704: if ($ViewPath === FALSE && $ThrowError)

705: trigger_error(ErrorMessage("Could not find a '$View' view for the '$ControllerName' controller in the '$ApplicationFolder' application.", $this->ClassName, 'FetchViewLocation'), E_USER_ERROR);

706:

707: return $ViewPath;

708: }

709:
    [LocationName] 'dashboard/plugin//home/afnme/public_html/plugins/CustomPages/pages/default.php'

[ViewPaths] array (
    0 => '/home/afnme/public_html/plugins/CustomPages/pages/default.php',
    1 => '/home/afnme/public_html/themes/public_vforg/dashboard/views/plugin//home/afnme/public_html/plugins/CustomPages/pages/default.php.*',
    2 => '/home/afnme/public_html/themes/public_vforg/views/plugin//home/afnme/public_html/plugins/CustomPages/pages/default.php.*',
    3 => '/home/afnme/public_html/applications/dashboard/views/plugin//home/afnme/public_html/plugins/CustomPages/pages/default.php.*',
    )

[SubPath] 'views/plugin//home/afnme/public_html/plugins/CustomPages/pages/default.php'
  • If you need me to post the URL where the error is I can also do that.
  • UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓
    You don't need to post the troublesome URL yet.
    Your problem is this error message:

It is looking for a specific page but it cannot find it in these locations:

0 => '/home/afnme/public_html/plugins/CustomPages/pages/default.php', 1 => '/home/afnme/public_html/themes/public_vforg/dashboard/views/plugin//home/afnme/public_html/plugins/CustomPages/pages/default.php.*', 2 => '/home/afnme/public_html/themes/public_vforg/views/plugin//home/afnme/public_html/plugins/CustomPages/pages/default.php.*', 3 => '/home/afnme/public_html/applications/dashboard/views/plugin//home/afnme/public_html/plugins/CustomPages/pages/default.php.*', I don't know how to solve your problem except for the advice to look in these locations whether that file it's looking for exists. I also think that your problem could temporarily be resolved by applying the default theme. If applying the default theme helps, copy the file that was found in the default theme to your custom theme (public_vforg)

• I have applied the default theme, but I still get the same error. So do not know what to do.

Maybe I did not put something in the right place. Can you please explain this "you need to add them to the "pages" folder of this plugin."? What does that mean?
  • Some how something did not get uploaded. I think I have fixed it, but I am not sure.
  • AFNAFN New
    Answer ✓
    Thank you very much UnderDog and camo for your help. I have re-uploaded the plugin and that fixed the issue.