Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Youtube Plugin for Vanilla

mclovinmclovin New
edited October 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I want to create a plugin that lets me display youtube videos for a search on a custom page in vanilla forum. I looked around and found TubePress.org which provides a standalone php version.
I am not too familiar with php, but I think I can give a try trying to port TubePress as a vanilla plugin or writing a simple Vanilla-youtube-search plugin from scratch. Anyone willing wanna help me? We can co-develop a plugin in this thread itself starting from zero.
Tagged:

Answers

• give it a shot! just ask questions when you get stuck... perhaps ask to be added to the developers role so you can ask questions in the dev category.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• mclovinmclovin New
    edited October 2011
    Ok... I actually hacked together something using the CustomPage Plugin. It let me create a php page on its own that I linked from the Menu.

Check it out http://nepali.im/videos
  • Can anyone please help on what I can do to take out restrictions on my forum site. It usually forces login before guests can view contents. I want guests to view contents but login before creating or commention on posts.

Thanks!
  • @largestlimit hijacking threads like this is not the done thing.

grep is your friend.

• am sorry, am just so lost, please
  • Ok, he opened his own topic here:
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/17596/forum-login/p1
    thanks largestlimit, good work.

• @Todd, Can you add me into the developer role plz?
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    @mclovin, done. Please remember that the category is for people who actually code Vanilla.
  • sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
    can i join please?
    i love coding with vanilla?