Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can anyone offer any input on how the stock images for the default theme work?

edited October 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm trying to figure out how in the world to get the stock Vanilla images to work with my theme. It appears to me that the default theme doesn't have any images included with it. I'm referring to the images like the stars and the loading GIFs.

I am not sure why they don't seem to work with my theme. They aren't appearing and I can't figure out why for the life of me I can't get them to work! I've tried to add the images into the design/images folder of my theme and that doesn't seem to help.

Am I overlooking something? I've never had this problem before now!

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    All of the images are in /applications/dashboard/design/images. They are all referenced from /applications/dashboard/design/style.css. If you want to reference the images from your theme. I recommend you copy the images folder to your theme's design folder.

That being said, we really recommend you just make a custom.css in your theme and only add the rules where your theme differs from the default theme.

Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP
    If aren't appearing on your live site, use firebug ...most likely a path issue. Have you got demo URL to test ?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• It's on a localhost. And I've tried all that stuff. I know the path it's trying to go to, but it keeps giving me a Bonk message everytime I go to that specific picture. And those are the only ones doing that too!
  • And what are the details when you execute this:
    Errors & Troubleshooting (BONK)
    Localhost on Windows? Windows 7 or Windows XP?

• Actually, I take that back. It's just a cannot find page. It's extremely odd because all my custom images work fine, but any image that is stock with Vanilla doesn't work unless I change the name or it.
  • 422422 Developer MVP
    Are you using lamp?

• It's just a cannot find page.
    Explain exactly what you see when you say "it cannot find page". A screenshot would help.
    Are you using Internet Explorer or FireFox? Which version. Did you try it with other browsers? Can you show the results of FireBug like you tried?
    Are you on Windows? Which windows?

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    All of the images are in /applications/dashboard/design/images. They are all referenced from /applications/dashboard/design/style.css. If you want to reference the images from your theme. I recommend you copy the images folder to your theme's design folder.

That being said, we really recommend you just make a custom.css in your theme and only add the rules where your theme differs from the default theme.