HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Facebook Login Problem

ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
edited October 2011 in Feedback
One of my members has said that he isn't able to change his forum password after using the Facebook connect feature. He able isn't able to upload his own avatar because it keeps getting replaced with his Facebook one once he logs in again. Is this normal behavior, and if so how can I work around this?

Also, the member also said he is going to try the "I forgot my password" button to see if it would disconnect his account from Facebook, and at least enable him to change his password.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    There are no known bugs with facebook wiping out a user's password. If the user's account was created through connecting through facebook then it won't have a password. Resetting the password through "forgot password" will assign a password to the account.

Re-connecting with facebook will overwrite the user's photo. This behavior has recently changed and it should no longer do that in our next release.

Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    There are no known bugs with facebook wiping out a user's password. If the user's account was created through connecting through facebook then it won't have a password. Resetting the password through "forgot password" will assign a password to the account.

Re-connecting with facebook will overwrite the user's photo. This behavior has recently changed and it should no longer do that in our next release.
  • That's good to hear! Thanks, Todd. =)

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app