Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is an official/approved Poll plugin coming?

edited October 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
My users are clamouring for a polling system. I see that there is a couple of poll plugins, but neither of them are approved by the Vanilla team. Given that it's a fairly common forums feature, I am wondering whether there is an official poll plugin in the works, or whether there is going to be one in core (currently running 2.0.17, so if there's one in the current RC please let me know).
Tagged:

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    We don't have a poll plugin in the works.

Answers

• I'd like to know as well.
  • Me three!

In particular, I'd like a polling feature to be flexibly administrable (allow it only to certain user roles), linked to certain discussions (as opposed to being omnipresent in the sidebar) and only optionally anonymous.

I've got a customized (read: hacked by me) polling plugin running on bbPress 0.9. Missing this feature is the only thing holding me back from upgrading to Vanilla Forums.
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    We don't have a poll plugin in the works.
  • Pity, but thank you for letting me know.
  • Curious, as I have never developed anything for Vanilla. Is there a reason any existing poll plugin (has been 3 that I know of at least) utilizes the side bar, and not actually within a post? Is there something about Vanilla plugin development that makes developers stray away from actually inserting it in a post?

• Not approved, but I have been using kPoll perfectly fine.